Varisu Certificate or Legal heir certificate in Tamil is a legal document that identifies the rightful owner of an asset or property in the case of the registered owner’s death. The legal heir certificate also known as a successor certificate identifies the qualified owners to whom the property must be transferred.
This article is aimed at providing all the information about how to get a varisu certificate. How to download Varisu certificate from E-district portal, Varisu Certificate status documents to be attached with the application form and other related details.
E-Sevai Varisu Certificate Download Online
Here are the steps to get your TN e-sevai varisu certificate download online:
- First, go and visit the official TNsevai certificate portal by clicking here.
- After clicking, you will be redirected to the Tamil Nadu e-district portal.
- You will see “Click here to download certificate” link. Click on it.
- On the next page, enter your certificate number.
- Enter the captcha code in the given box.
- Click on the search button and your certificate will open on your screen.
- Click on the download tab to download your Varisu Certificate.
Varisu certificate online
- First, Go to the E-sevai Varisu Certificate download portal by Clicking here.
- On the page of legal here certificate download, enter your login credentials.
- Click on the login button and the application form will open on your screen.
- If you are a new user, first, you have to Click on the Signup here option and get yourself registered to get your login credentials.
- Fill the form and it will will be processed by the concerned department.
It will take 30 days for acquiring a legal heir certificate from the government department. If it will taking more than this, you can also approach the Revenue Division Officer (RDO)/Sub collector for further proceeding.
- The legal heir of the deceased person should go to the proper official in their area and request a legal hair certificate application. Fill up the application with details including Name of all legal heirs, Relation with the deceased person, residence etc. and submit a signed application to the appropriate authority.
- Attached the following documents with the application form:
- A self-undertaking affidavit
- Identity proof of the applicant
- Address proof of all legal heirs.
- Date of Birth Proof of all legal heirs.
- Death certificate of the deceased person.
- Death certificate of the deceased direct legal heir
- Residence proof of the deceased
- Once the enquiry will be completed by Revenue Inspector, the authorized officer will issue the Legal heir certificate.
you can check Birth certificate/Death certificate crsorgi to death certificate download.
Issuance of Legal Heir Certificate in Tamil
The Tahsildar of the concerned district issues formal Varisu Certificate status to accredit the actual living Heir of the Deceased person and the court issues succession certificates, duplicate certificates, or certified copies of certificates to the deceased person legal heirs.
How to apply varisu Certificate?
Here are the steps for how to apply varisu certificate in tamilnadu online:
- First, Visit any near Tauk/Tahsildar Office.
- Collect the Application form of Legal Hair Certificate and pay Rs.60
- You can also download the application form from the official website.
- Fill up all the required details and submit the form at Taluk office.
- You have to fill up two application forms:
- Enter your personal details in the first form.
- Mention 10 references in the second form for further verification.
- Get VAO singnature and seal after a couple of days of submission in the presence of all legal hairs
- Next, submit the VAO approved application to the Revenue Inspector.
- He can also visit the applicant’s home for verification.
- Next, submit the RI and VAO pplication form to the Tahsildar office and you will be issued a token number.
- You can collect your certificate within 16 days from the date of submission by your token number.
Persons eligible to get e-sevai Varisu certificate
- Siblings of the deceased person
- Spouse of the deceased person
- Son/Daughter or children of the deceased person.
- Parents of deceased person (mother/father).
Need of a varisu Certificate:
A Varisu certificate ensures the rightful heir of the deceased person who is entitled to claim the asset/properties of the deceased person. Other matters where you must need a Varisu certificate in English are as follows:
- Claiming for the employment of the deceased person.
- Claiming the salary arrears of the deceased person.
- Claiming the employment benefits such as pension, gratutity, provident fund of the deceased person.
- Claiming the family pension of the deceased person.
- Claiming the insurance of the deceased person.
- Transfering the properties, dues and assets of the deceased persong to his heirs.
Documents required to get Legal Heir certificate
- If Spouse appliers
- Any Photo ID proof (Aadhaar card, Marriage Registration certificate or passport or voter ID)
- Birth certificate or Transfer Certificate of their kids.
- Self-declaration of the spouse indicating all other legal heirs.
2. If Child Applies
- Death Certificate of His/her parents
- Aadhar card of all other legal heirs
- Birth Certificate or passport or T.C of the applicant.
3. If Minor applies
- Death Certificate of his/her parents
- Birth certificate/ passport/Aadhaar/T.c of the applicant
- Aadhaar card of all other legal heirs
- Guardianship order approved by hon’ble civil court.
4. If Parents or Sibling Apply
- Death Certificate of the Deceased Person
- Self-declaratiom of the siblings/parents
- Birth certificate/ Passport/ aadhaar card/ T.C of the deceased person.
How can I get Varisu Certificate in TamilNadu?
You can follow the above-mentioned steps to get a Varisu Certificate in TamilNadu.
How can I get Heir certificate online in Tamil Nadu?
You can visit www.tnsevai.tn.gov.in/citizen/ to the e-sevai portal to apply online for the Legal Heir Certificate.
What are the documents required for Varisu Certificate?
List of the documents to be attached:
1. Address proof of the deceased person.
2. A self-declaration affidavit
3. Date of Birth Proof of all legal heir.
4. Death Certificate of the deceased
5. Signed application form
6. Identity/address proof of the applicant